Thursday 6 March 2014

The Decision

August 2013 - It's a hot sunny day and I'm sitting at my favourite place in Barceloneta, having a Spritz and Nachos con queso y guacamole, with my dearest friend Silvia Moreno, who was visiting from La Rochelle. We're catching up on both our love stories (hers with a Frenchie, mine with a Madriles) and I happened to mention it was such a shame my latest relationship hadn't lasted long enough for us to go on that volunteering trip… to what Silvia bluntly responds: "You don't need a boyfriend to go and do it. Better yet, I think you should actually do this by yourself, it will be a much more fulfilling experience! Go check this website http://www.rcdpinternationalvolunteer.org" 
Talk about planting the seed…!

September 2013 - I'm at a church in Barcelos, Portugal. It's my BFF's wedding, Liliana Sobral - we've been friends for over 2 decades, and she is the kindest soul I've ever met. During the ceremony, a lovely speech and I retain the following words: "Do you know why you always see Liliana smiling, and why she is always so happy, despite all the hardships in her life? Because she dedicates everyday to doing good to other people, and that makes her happy." - Click!!!


October 2013 - the trip to South America is booked, the family has been notified of the plans ("oh my days, she's lost it!"), and the boss informed I'd be leaving the company in February 2014.

1 comment: