Wednesday 25 June 2014

Week 5 - Colombia/Bogotá- 4th-12th April 2014


Bogotá - after a 10hr night bus journey through the Andes, I finally reached Bogotá.

I also only stayed here a couple of days and made friends with some wonderful Australian brothers, two lovely local girls and met up with Luca an old friend of my dear friend Francesco.

It's a beautiful city and the visit couldn't have started any better - I jumped on a bus to head to my hostal, http://zoharhostelbogota.com, and met 2 university students who were also heading the same direction as me, Lau and Alejandra
We talked a bit on the way as they were revising some notes for an exam. As we got off, I had no clue which way to go…. so they went out of their way and kindly offered to walk with me till the hostal to make sure I wouldn't get lost!!! Now, this doesn't usually happen, specially in a big city, capital… It just went to show, once more, how lovely Colombians are!!

As I got to the hostal, I found that I was sharing my room with the Torcello brothers, two loooovely Aussies travelling the World for 9 months. I basically spent the days with them, having a great unforgettable laugh.

Here are the boyz, aka my Bodyguards! :)





















Lunch time at the old La Puerta Falsa, opened since 1836, the family owner on the pic with us - http://bogota.vive.in/restaurantes/bogota/lapuertafalsa/LUGAR-WEB-FICHA_LUGAR_VIVEIN-3757818.html
Amazing Tamales and Ajiaco Chicken Soup - doesn't get any more traditional than this! 

My fav piece at Museo del Oro (apparently the most famous, biggest Gold Museum in the world?)





Chillaxing...

Now guess what… I had no idea, but Bogotá also has a Monserrate Mountain, just like Barcelona!! It must be a sign, Barcelona following me everywhere!! :)

From afar, up there in the back!

On the way there, University students chilling, good old memories!

That's how high it goes…. ears popping again!



Humongous endless city views from up there:













The End of 2 full sightseeing days, well deserved boyz! :)



Next stop: Armenia, the Land of the Coffee Making! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment