Wednesday 2 July 2014

Week 8 - Peru / Lima - 5th-6th May 2014

Lima - Lima is the hometown of a dear friend from Barcelona (happens to be my ex-boss too! ;p), and she insisted that I should stay to meet her parents.
Initially, I hadn't planned to stay in Lima, but I really wanted to meet my friend's parents, so we decided I'd stay one night and have dinner with them.
What I didn't expect is that they would welcome me just as warmly as if I were family!
I got to stay in this huge modern flat, with huge bed, and amazing views. They actually rent this flat for tourists, and I totally recommend it! It is beautiful, perfect for families.
Additionally, the area is beautiful, in Miraflores, quiet, by the beach where you can go for long walks or runs, and just around the corner from the city centre too, just perfect! I actually wanted to stay longer...
Here are the contact details if you're going to Lima, this is a much better place to stay than a hotel.

www.lima-apartments.com

Ms. de Guerra
Lima_apartment@yahoo.es   
Mobiles: +51 995 777 807  /  +51 988 15 3524


I arrived in Lima after a 26hr bus trip from Guayaquil. I went straight to the flat where I met with the parents, and then we went to the best restaurant in town! OMG, the food was soooo delicious, as all the food in Perú anyway!

Here are the beautiful and friendly parents


You can see in the background and below the restaurant La Rosa Náutica, http://www.larosanautica.com/, where we went for dinner, amazing beautiful place right on top of the ocean, listening to the waves and watching the stars!






Food was also great, delicious!

Best Pisco Sour I've ever had!




Dessert!

Views from the flat, shame it was cloudy!


Breakfast time!! At Mangos, http://www.mangosperu.com/!
I totally fell in love with the food in Perú - I want to go back and eat all day long everyday for at least a month! They have over 3 thousand type of patatas, never ending eating!! ;)



Did you see the views in the background?? Breathtaking, it seems we're going to fall!








I only stayed in Lima for one night, but I had an amazing time! My friend's parents were tireless, they drove me absolutely everywhere and so I had the time to do the city sightseeing. They also took me to the best restaurants and made me feel extremely welcome. Peruvian people in general, I then confirmed, are extremely friendly and welcoming, I felt truly cared for.
This is yet another blessed experience during my trip, where people go above and beyond to help you when you sign on to a journey like this.
I'd like to thank them VERY MUCH for their hospitality and I very much look forward to seeing them again in Portugal perhaps next time!
(And thank you Cristina so much for making this possible! :*)


Next destination: Cusco!!



No comments:

Post a Comment